FOR CURRENT HALB FAMILIES: Click here.
This screen will bring you to the DDC Parent Portal Login. Please enter your username and password. If you do not remember your information you can click forgot username and password. Do not register for a new account. After logging, please click on the Admissions Module icon in the Parent Portal under ‘My Account.
FOR NEW APPLICANT FAMILIES: Click here.
When you click the link you will be brought to the HALB portal. Please click “Register.” You will be prompted to create an account and then directed to the admissions module. You will have the opportunity to Save your application for submission at a later date.
When applying, please keep in mind the following information:
- All students who wish to apply to SKA must take the JSAT Level 8, produced by the Consortium of Jewish Day Schools, is the required uniform Judaic Studies exam.
The website with all information related to the exam (registration, review materials, etc.) is: https://www.cojds.org/jsat-level-8/.
Please contact Rabbi Tzvi Daum [email protected] with questions about any part of the exam process.
- All prospective students must fill out an application online. Please include a recent photo with the application. There is a fee of $100 due with the application. Upon receiving your application, SKA will contact you to set up an interview. At least one parent must accompany the applicant to the interview. We prefer that both parents attend.
- At the interview, the student will be asked to read a Rashi that she prepared in advance. She can choose any Rashi that she wants but it should be at least 2 lines long. She should be able to read it, translate it and discuss it. Parents will also have the opportunity to ask questions when they meet with Mrs. Drebin, Principal of General Studies and Mrs. Kaminetsky, Principal of Judaic Studies.
- Before intersession, applicants are invited to attend a “Day at SKA” program of mini classes and activities designed to familiarize them yet further with the academics, student life, and school culture of SKA.
- Acceptance decision times follow the Jewish Education Project timetable for dates of decision. Admissions letters are sent to all students in Mid-February and the deadline for SKA registration is in Mid-March.
If you have technical questions, please email [email protected].
If you have questions regarding the application process, please email Etty Herschberg at [email protected]
The Hebrew Academy of Long Beach strives to ensure that every eligible student is able to attend our Yeshiva. Through our straightforward and confidential tuition assistance process, we strive to assist all families in need. We look forward to partnering with you to make HALB a part of your family’s future.
TUITION ASSISTANCE PROCESS
Please log into the FACTS website to complete the tuition assistance forms online. After the online forms have been completed, the following information must be uploaded to FACTS to finalize the process:
2020 1040’s and 2020 Business tax returns (if applicable).
Copies of your 2020 W-2 forms for both parents.
Copies of supporting documentation, if applicable, for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers Compensation and TANF.
12 months of all credit card statements
12 months of all checking and savings statements
2020 year end statements for all brokerage, investment, and stock portfolios
The deadline for incoming High School tuition assistance applications is Thursday, December 30, 2021 in order to be considered for the 2022-23 school year. Families in all other grades may submit applications on a rolling basis. For more information, please call Susie Openden at (516) 791–8200 x-102, or email [email protected].