FOR CURRENT HALB FAMILIES: Click here.
This screen will bring you to the DDC Parent Portal Login. Please enter your username and password. If you do not remember your information you can click forgot username and password. Do not register for a new account. After logging, please click on the Admissions Module icon in the Parent Portal under ‘My Account.’
FOR NEW APPLICANT FAMILIES: Click here.
When you click the link you will be brought to the HALB portal. Please click “Register.” You will be prompted to create an account and then directed to the admissions module. You will have the opportunity to Save your application for submission at a later date.
When applying, please keep in mind the following information:
- All students who wish to apply to SKA must take the Jewish Education Project Entrance Exams. There are currently two exams, the Aspire Exam for Secular Studies and the Jewish Education Project (formerly BJE) Hebrew Exam. For dates and locations of these exams, please contact your elementary school or The Jewish Education Project at www.thejewisheducationproject.org.
- All prospective students must fill out an application online. Please include a recent photo with the application. There is a fee of $100 due with the application. Upon receiving your application, SKA will contact you to set up an interview. At least one parent must accompany the applicant to the interview. We prefer that both parents attend.
- At the interview, the student will be asked to read a Rashi that she prepared in advance. She can choose any Rashi that she wants but it must be at least 2 lines long. She must be able to read it, translate it and discuss it. Parents will also have the opportunity to ask questions when they meet with Mrs. Drebin, Principal of General Studies and Mrs. Kaminetsky, Principal of Judaic Studies.
- Before intersession, applicants are invited to attend a “Day at SKA” program of mini classes and activities designed to familiarize them yet further with the academics, student life, and school culture of SKA.
- Acceptance decision times follow the Jewish Education Project timetable for dates of decision. Admissions letters are sent to all students in Mid-February and the deadline for SKA registration is in Mid-March.
If you have technical questions, please email email@example.com.