FOR CURRENT HALB FAMILIES: Click here.
This screen will bring you to the DDC Parent Portal Log In. Please enter your username and password. If you do not remember your information you can click forgot username and password. Do not register for a new account. After logging, please click on the Admissions Module icon in the Parent Portal under ‘My Account.’
FOR NEW APPLICANT FAMILIES: Click here.
When you click the link you will be brought to the HALB portal. Please click “Register.” You will be prompted to create an account and then directed to the admissions module. You will have the opportunity to Save your application for submission at a later date.
When applying, please keep in mind the following information:
- Personal interviews are beginning for those who have already completed their online applications. If you have not yet submitted it, please do so as soon as possible. There is a fee of $100 due with the application. After you receive confirmation that your son’s application has been received, call our Director of Admissions, Sue Weinberg at (516) 295-7700 x102 to schedule an interview. Please note that the application deadline is Tuesday, November 30th.
- Interviews are 40 minutes in duration. Students and parents will meet separately with Rabbi Kaminetsky our Menahel, and Dr. Broder, our General Studies Principal. Students will be asked to read 20 lines of gemara and to write an essay in English on a topic provided.
- All applicants are required to take the JSAT Exam. If your son’s school does not administer the JSAT, you may register at www.cojds.org/events. Click on “Out of Network Students”. You have a choice to take it on November 21 or December 12th. Please note that your son must complete the Gemara section of the exam.
- The JSAT Level 8, produced by the Consortium of Jewish Day Schools, is the required uniform Judaic Studies exam. The website with all information related to the exam (registration, review materials, etc.) is: https://www.cojds.org/jsat-level-8/ Please contact Rabbi Tzvi Daum email@example.com with questions about any part of the exam process.
- As per JEP recruiting guidelines, letters of notification regarding acceptance will be emailed on Tuesday, February 17th, 2022 only to students who have fully completed the application and interview process. The deadline to register for DRS is Tuesday, March 10th.
- Please reserve Wednesday December 22nd for a visiting day for all of our prospective students.
The Hebrew Academy of Long Beach strives to ensure that every eligible student is able to attend our Yeshiva. Through our straightforward and confidential tuition assistance process, we strive to assist all families in need. We look forward to partnering with you to make HALB a part of your family’s future.
TUITION ASSISTANCE PROCESS
Please log into the FACTS website to complete the tuition assistance forms online. After the online forms have been completed, the following information must be uploaded to FACTS to finalize the process:
2020 1040’s and 2020 Business tax returns (if applicable).
Copies of your 2020 W-2 forms for both parents.
Copies of supporting documentation, if applicable, for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers Compensation and TANF.
12 months of all credit card statements
12 months of all checking and savings statements
2020 year end statements for all brokerage, investment, and stock portfolios
The deadline for incoming High School tuition assistance applications is Thursday, December 30, 2021 in order to be considered for the 2022-23 school year. Families in all other grades may submit applications on a rolling basis. For more information, please call Susie Openden at (516) 791–8200 x-102, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our school is easily accessible to residents throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties, Queens, Manhattan and Brooklyn. Bus transportation is available to students as necessitated by demand. We look forward to assisting parents in this process. For any questions, please contact Esther Schenker at email@example.com.
Bus transportation to Queens/Brooklyn is an additional charge.
No district student will be allowed on any bus other than his/her assigned bus. If there is an emergency, please make arrangements to have your child get off his/her assigned bus at another official stop. Please send your child with a note stating these details. Please be advised that the districts do not allow transportation for after-school activities. It is the responsibility of the parent to arrange for appropriate carpool transportation.
The telephone numbers are as follows:
District 14: (516) 569-5364
District 15: (516) 239-1100
Long Beach: (516) 897-2132
Oceanside: (516) 766-6740